The Cost of Ignorance




Therefore, my people are gone into captivity, because [they have] no knowledge: and their honourable men [are] famished, and their multitude dried up with thirst (Isiaih5:13).

An incident occurred recently that taught me a lesson on the potential cost of ignorance, bringing the above bible passage to life. We all know this popular saying, " Ignorance is Bliss". Well I don’t know about that, but I will add ‘do you know the cost of that bliss’?
The other day my son told me about the ‘deal’ he made with his aunt. He traded part of his TV time and got noodles for dinner. Shock does not even begin to describe what I felt. I was shocked, not just because it sounded ridiculous but HE DID NOT HAVE TO. The truth was he was going to get noodles for dinner anyway. Twenty min earlier, I had concluded dinner plans and he was getting noodles. He traded his precious TV time for noodles which he would have received anyway, because of ignorance. 
Dear friends, are you trading your tomorrow with the devil for a future you already have in Christ? (Jer29:11). The sad reality is even if you are trading, you may not be aware because you don’t know what you have.  In this instance, the TV time is nothing significant but it opened my eyes to how easily we can let the enemy trick us into compromising in exchange for something we already have.
I am reminded of the scripture my people are destroyed for lack of knowledge, in other words people suffer due to ignorance (Hosea 4:6). We need to seek knowledge earnestly. We need to have knowledge of God by studying the word of God(Dan11:32b).  Build our relationship with the Holy Spirit who will direct us and teach us all truth(John14:26). 
May God help us as we walk on this Journey in Jesus name. 
Remain blessed
NB: The promise and assurance contained in this message is reserved for the children of The Most High God. However, the good news is that adoption into this family is open to as many as will believe and accept Jesus as their Lord and savior.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God has got your back.

“LITTLE BIG THINGS”

The Master is Coming… (Part 4 – Do not dwell in Potiphar’s house)