“LITTLE BIG THINGS”


A gift of life, like a drop of dew. A gift from God, we say thank you - Seyi Ajo.

Today I will be sharing a poem my daughter wrote several months back (she didn’t like me sharing anything she wrote, so I am sure she won’t be too pleased, but again who is telling 😊). This had always been my favorite and I truly believed she was inspired just to “teach” me gratitude. I hope you feel the same way.
It came to mind recently after I read a post online that touched me deeply. The post goes “help me thank God, we found a bed for him (her brother) in LASUTH”. She was truly grateful for a hospital bed! That touched something in me as I am reminded of things I take for granted, things I don’t want in my life that others call a miracle.
The poem goes
A Gift of Life
A gift to walk, a gift to run
A gift to jump under the sun
A gift to talk, a gift to sing
A gift to dance with a wing
A gift to cook, a gift to eat
A gift to have a meal with meat
A gift to see, a gift to read
A gift to write a poem with glee
A gift to sleep, a gift to rise
A gift to get up and shine
A gift of friends, a gift so true
A gift to say, “how do you do”
A gift of life, like a drop of dew
A gift from God, we say thank you

A gift for me and a gift for you (SA - Aug 2016)

The so called “little things” we only realize “big things” if they go away. The things we do not truly have control over but enjoy freely through the mercy of God. Suddenly it puts a lot of things in perspective.
Why am I sharing, as you count your blessings, don’t just focus on the “big stuff”, but be reminded of all the gifts we have been blessed with, as they are many who desire them but have not.

Remain Blessed
Further reading

Psalm 103

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God has got your back.

The Master is Coming… (Part 4 – Do not dwell in Potiphar’s house)